All Friday Night Activities end at 10:00pm
What exactly is Fugitive and how do you play it?
First and foremost, we have an age limit. 12 years or older or 6th grade. If the youth does not meet this requirement they may hang out at the Filling Station during the game.
Secondly, If he or she has Asthma we do ask they have thier inhaler with them at all times as the nights are occasionaly cold and there is a lot of running in this game.
Okay, we currently play two versions of this game. Which one we play depends on the number of youth involved and the number of staff we have that night.
1. Youth are to stay in groups of two or more.
2. Everyone is to stay on public or Filling Station property at all times. This means only the use of sidewalks streets and alleyways. Anyone found breaking this rule will be immediately ejected from the game and may have ended the chance of future games for everyone.
3. No Cherry-picking. All catchers are to be at least one block away from the Filling Station property before they can chase any fugitive.
4. All fugitives are to make it back to the Filling Station within the time limit to win. If you have been tagged, continue to return to the Filling Station quickly so we can start the next session of the game.
5. Always look for vehicles before crossing any street. If you see a loose dog do not approach it. Please take a different route and call the Filling Station right away if you have a cell phone.
Fugitive version 1 (plenty of staff and not too many youth):
In this version most of the staff will transport all the youth to another location in town which is usually the first block in the View Pointe Subdivision. It takes roughly 19 minutes to walk from there to the Filling Station. One Catcher for every car is selected from the youth. The rest(Fugitives) are then given the GO and have a given time limit(around 30 min) to get back to the Filling Station. After two minutes have passed the vehicles with Catchers will start driving around town to find the Fugitives. If a Fugitive is found, the driver pulls over and stops the car. The Catcher then chases down the Fugitives to tag them. The tagged Fugitives now become Catchers as well. The game is played to the time limit and everyone returns to the Filling Station for a quick rest and the next round begins with a different initial set of Catchers. We are usualy able to play 3 rounds this way.
Fugitive version 2 (too many youth or too few staff):
This version is played much the same except that we divide the youth into teams(about 15 to a team and usually 4 teams). Half the teams(Fugitives) are transported across town and the rest(Catchers) are simply sent into town about 5 min after the Fugitives have left. If a Fugitive is tagged they just return to the Filling Station. The game is played to the time limit and the teams switch for the second round.
During this night we set up two or more game consoles (X-box 360 and PS2) on big screens for anyone to play. Usually, some version of Guitar Hero is played most of the night.
We show one or two movies till 10:00pm. The movies are always rated PG-13 or less.
Hang out Night
Our standard gaming consoles and arcades are available and we sometimes set up some of our Air Hockey, Pool, or Fooseball tables.
Board Game Night
This night we break open some of the classics as well as the new.
Don't Forget, We are open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday Nights after school to around 8:00pm and to 10:00pm on Friday.